I’m still trying to figure out my new blog format, but I had to give this update: Saturday was beautiful weather, and almost 50 people rode the 22-mile Bike for Bill route. We had many upbeat volunteers, and lots of amazing contributions for the silent acution. Another huge group of folks joined us for lunch at the Mankato Brewery, and all together, we raised about $5000. We can hardly believe it.
1. Bill leading out a ride with his brother, nephew, and close friend.
2. Group, eager to ride, listening to Bill being interviewed by Channel 12.
3. Lisa Pottenger and me–cause we have to do this silly selfie whenever there’s a ride. (More captions below)
4. Team Hanel: David and Rachael after the ride (note the “Ironmate” t-shirt 🙂
5. Bill and family members and more close friends enjoying lunch at the Brewery
6. Bill being interviewed for Channel 12 news. I think the clip was truly inspiring.
7. Team BIMBO, who kept us laughing
THANK YOU, one and all for coming, for supporting, and for volunteering. What a great day and what a terrific tribute to Bill!